The most loving day of the year is right around the corner, and I’m so excited to celebrate with my family. Our girls are toddlers now, so they’re really starting to appreciate holiday celebrations, and it’s been so much fun. As I was thinking through our upcoming celebration, I thought it would be great to share with you all a little bit about how we’ll be partying this Valentine’s Day. Here’s what we’ll be up to on Valentine’s Day 2024:
All products in this post can be found in my Amazon storefront.
One of my favorite parts of any holiday is putting out decorations. I generally have a very minimalist style of home decor, but Valentine’s Day is one of the few days where I fill my house with bright pink. It helps me feel in the holiday spirit, and it’s super fun for our girls. Decorate your house for Valentine’s Day 2024 with:
- Felt Garland – This heart-shaped felt garland is perfect for any doorway and a great addition to Valentine’s Day photos.
- Heart-Shaped Dishes – These are too cute! These red and pink dishes are perfect for Valentine’s snacks and sweets.
- Cute Towels – Themed dish towels are a great way to add a little Valentine’s love to your kitchen. This set is bright and fun.
- Fresh Flowers – Your kids are never too young to get flowers. Gifting someone flowers is a time-honored way to show how special they are. I’m making it a personal goal to support a small, local florist this Valentine’s Day.
My husband and I will have our own Valentine’s Day date night, but when we celebrate with the girls we like to have a fun activity planned! A couple of ideas for your Valentine’s Day activities are:
- Hot Chocolate Bar – If you’ll be snowed in this Valentine’s Day, consider a cute hot chocolate bar! Make a batch of hot chocolate and let your kids choose their toppings! You can find pink marshmallows, sprinkles, whipped cream, and more! Pro tip: it’s even more fun with super adorable mugs!
- Mini Cake Decorating – I found these precious mini heart-shaped pans, and I thought it would be so fun for each of us to decorate our own mini cakes. If your kids are older, you can go all in with a cake decorating kit or you can stick with store bought icing and sprinkles (which is probably more our speed!).
- Card Making Extravaganza – The real purpose of Valentine’s Day is to spread love to everyone in your life. Spend some time this year making Valentine’s Day cards with your little ones! They can decorate one for everyone in their lives like friends, teachers, bus drivers, daycare workers, and anyone who they appreciate! It’s fun, creative, and a great way to remind them to celebrate the people in their lives. You can even buy fully stocked craft kits, so you don’t have to source every supply separately!
I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t obsess over the perfect outfit! I love to plan outfits for family photos, especially for holidays like Valentine’s Day. Some things I’m planning for this year’s looks:
- For Mum – I love the idea of a slip dress and sweater for this year’s photo because it lets me hang on to my minimalist personal style with a subtle hint of Valentine’s colors. If you love to dress it up for the holidays, try adding a fun headband! They’re on trend, and full of holiday spirit.
- For Dad – I’m envisioning a chunky red sweater for the dads this year. It’s a great staple item and captures the Valentine’s Day vibes without being too over the top. We don’t have little boys at home, but if you do, try matching them with dad in their own chunky sweater and red sneakers.
- For the Girls – The second I saw this fluffy pink heart dress, I added it to my cart! Have you ever seen anything cuter? I want to pair it with these precious red flats from Felix & Flora.
You can’t forget the Valentine’s Day gifts! Since this holiday comes so soon after Christmas, I usually don’t go crazy on the gifts. I like to get each of the girls one item, and of course, something special for my husband. Here are some of my ideas for 2024 Valentine’s Day gifts:
- For Kids – A couple of ideas I have on my gift list for my girls are a wooden tea set, bunny slippers, and a toy tricycle.
- For Adults – Perfume or cologne is always a great Valentine’s Day gift. For someone more nostalgic, try a record player and a collection of a couple of classic vinyls. For an activity you can do together, try one of these LEGO Icon sets.
I have a ton more gift ideas over on my Amazon Storefront, so make sure to check them out!
No matter what you decide to do this upcoming Valentine’s Day, make sure you remind your family how much you love them. One of the best things about this holiday is that it makes us pause and think about the love we feel for our family, friends, and partners. Take advantage of that Valentine’s Day spirit and love on your people!
Follow me on Instagram