I have currently escaped my bomb site of a house (there is literally clothing and suitcases everywhere), and am sat in my local Starbucks enjoying a refreshing Very Berry Hibiscus and raspberry lemon loaf. Can you believe that in 1 week today I get married!!! Next Thursday I am going to be a married lady! Where did the time go? Do I still have time to back out? Joking! Kinda.
As the stress creeps up my veins and sends me into a panic, I am thinking of happier… care free times. Yes I am posting another LA trip look, no this isn’t the last of them…. I told you I had so much fun!! This look in particular is my fav, not only because it’s a stunning flirty free people dress, that of course I edged up in my own way…., but because I was at Universal Studios! Literally the happiest place in the world. Screw Disney Land! Shit nono I’m sorry Mister Walt I take that back!
OK, so to tell the truth Universal Studios is no Disney Land, but boy oh boy is it close! If your a ride fanatic then Universal doesn’t really hold the same ‘amenities’ as the traditional ‘theme park’, however they do have some KICK ASS 3D rides. One in fact being HARRY FRIGGING POTTER! That ride was literally the bomb dot com. I actually thought I was Hermione. I turned into rather a little sassy B. Hah! If you are a movie/TV buff then this is the place for you! Visit the sets of pretty much every movie…. Back To The Future, Bruce All Mighty, and soooooo many more. Oh you can even see Whoville! Its located just before Bates Motel… Hah.
Anyway here are a couple of tips that I picked up along the way for tackling Universal Studios:
- Purchase your tickets from Undercover Tourist, it is way cheaper… and who doesn’t like a discount? Click HERE to purchase.
- If you can afford it, buy a line by pass. We didn’t get one and ultimately regretted it.
- Arrive early, parking fills up… people get crazy!
- Take a pic by the legendary sign, the later the day gets the more people hangout around it.
- Watch all the shows first, get that chaos over with.
- Make sure to stop for lunch. It gets hot and that sun is right on your head. Things in the park can be expensive so you can always leave and go to the restaurants that you will pass on your way in.
- Arrive early to the special effects show, if you want to be apart of it. If you have the confidence do it! You won’t forget your experience.
- Go to the look out at the top of the escalators by Jurassic Park, not only is it a gorgeous view but, you can also see the Warner Brothers lot.
- Do the studio tour. Do not miss this… it’s pretty awesome! It does also include some killer 3D rides. Oh also, the nighttime studio tour is the same thing as the day one… just at night. Haha.
- Go to Harry Potter world last thing. I know the excitement will get the better of you and you will want to go right away (which I TOTALLY did). However the first time we went the line for the rides and the wand shop were 2 hours each!! We went back at around 6:30pm and we only waited for 45mins!
- You can line up for the wand experience, which means the wand is picked for you, OR, just walk in and get your own… it’s still pretty cool and fun.
- Get a butter beer, you have to! They have two different types frozen or regular. I actually asked the person next to me who was on his 4th refill which is better and he he said frozen. BOY WAS IT DELISH!
- Enjoy yourself, don’t stress, just have FUN!
Sorry for the lower quality images, I was so excited I forgot to adjust the settings.
SHOP MY LOOK (Click the item)
P.S. Follow along with me everyday via SnapChat. My username is: Filzer