Christmas, the most wonderful time of the year? More like the most stressful time of the year!
- Work gives you extra work… gee thanks because we don’t have enough on our plates!
- Everyone wants to have a Christmas party… on the SAME day!
- Christmas cards need to be sent out before Canada Post f*!ks everything up!
- Your to-do list ends up becoming a to-do BOOK!
- Christmas shopping for a billion people who don’t want anything… until you give them nothing!
- There are like 20 birthdays on top of all the Christmas shopping, that make you feel like telling them to f*!k off … although my birthday is Dec 30th, please don’t tell me to f*!k off, thanks!
- Oh and don’t even get me started on wrapping….. *insert angry face
… Ok calm down!
With your brain reaching boiling point it’s important to take the time to breathe during this festive season, whether for 5mins on your lunch break or a whole day off… take the time to pause.
Some ways I like to relax are…
I am currently rereading ‘The Great Gatsby’ which I only ever read before in like grade 10 and hated it, I must have matured (slightly) as I love it now. I also just picked up the next installment to my fav the ‘Confessions Of A Shopaholic’ series ‘Shopaholic To The Rescue‘ by Sophie Kinsella.
Ok so I can’t tell you that “oh yeah I am a massive yogi and I meditate like everyday”, because that would be a big FAT lie. My meditation lies in a little app called iSleep, it’s a sleep meditation app that uses breathing techniques and soothing sounds that automatically puts me into the deepest of sleeps.
A typical form of relaxation that really does work! Drawing a nice hot bath with some Epsom salts and lighting your fav candles is sure to not only relax your body but your mind.
Yes I most certainly jumped on the colouring book hype… I mean why wouldn’t I, it’s so much fun! I’m current colouring book is the ‘Secret Garden‘ one, and I must say I am rather proud, my colouring skills have most definitely improved since grade 8.
A simple way to relax I have found is with clothing, wearing soft and light materials such as cashmere can truly be uplifting. It also can look hella fly!
I would like to take the time to dedicate my final form of relaxation to Reed Hastings, the genius behind the world phenomenon Netflix. Without Netflix I truly wouldn’t know how to live! I am currently watching… well everything Netflix has to offer, but myself and Sameer (my fiancé) are hooked on Homeland, please don’t tell me what happens we’re only on season 2… but it’s fantastic, although am I the only one that gets a little frustrated with Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes) crying face?
So how do you guys relax during Christmas?
Sweater: Soleil Cashmere Jeans: Gap