Day 4 in NYC was a short and bittersweet one. We had to leave relatively early 4pm to drive home to Toronto, so we didn’t get up to much however we did go to some of our fav spots within Central Park
– Day 4 –
Central Park is literally my favorite place in NYC… I am like a kid in a candy store… I could spend all day within this architectured wonderland.
First stop: The Mall… this path is probably one of the most famous in the world… at any point of the year these specifically planted trees are frame the path in the most stunning way.
Bethesda Terrace, the home of the fountain seen in lots of movies such as ‘Enchanted’
Bethesda Terrace is also home to this magnificent hall… we were lucky enough to have seen a group of amazing singers in there … the acoustics were holy.
Sweater: H&M Skirt: H&M Sunglasses: Miu Miu
Another spot is the Conservatory Water, where you can rent a remote control boat.
Steps away from the Conservatory Waters is the Alice In Wonderland sculpture, where you can watch hundreds of little kiddies climb their way to the top of Alice’s head… or join in and do it yourself.
Other places you have to see in central park:
– Strawberry Fields
– Great Lawn
– Central Park Zoo
After our lovely day in Central Park, we were in a rush to go collect our bags and car and make our way home. However I was able to pop in quickly to the Salvation Army where I was able to pick up the most amazing finds.
And as soon as it began our fun filled 4 days in NYC had drawn to a close… I will be back NYC… sooner than you think!
P.S here are some must do’s if it’s your first time in NYC
- Get the hop on hop off bus pass… it lasts for 48 hrs … it may look expensive but trust me it is worth it http://www.newyorksightseeing.com/
- Go check out some Museums, you can also get a pass for these https://www.newyorkpass.com/En/
- Go see a Broadway Show! If you head to the TKTS booth (1564 Broadway) you can get up to 50% off your show ticket (hint: get there right when it opens, tickets sell out fast)
- Head up the Empire State building… go check out some of the views
- 5th Ave is the perfect place for some retail therapy… also if you head towards Central Park Via 5th you will see FAO Shwartz… like the most famous toy store in the world… go take a dance on their giant piano (as seen in BIG)
- If you are 21+ there are many great night clubs such as 1Oak, Marquee, Lavo etc… Be sure to contact @alexis_nyc_promoter (via instagram) she will look after you.